We are so thankful to be celebrating the official opening of our new office and retail showroom!
Everyone loves a great deal, right?
Well, I absolutely do. In fact, getting friends’ advice on their favorite bargains always saves me time and money, because they’ve done the “market research” for me! So, I’m listing a dozen of my favorite good deals for you. These are off the top of my head, and things I use almost daily at work or at home. I sure hope you see one on the list that you want to try for yourself.
1. Possibly the softest pajamas on the planet. Gilligan & O’Malley® Fluid Knit separates $12.99 to $19.99 from Target. Really, I have every color top and pants available. They are the perfect end to a day wearing skinny jeans and heels.
TO GET PRETTY
2. Special-eyes Maybelinne Volum Express It’s similar to Dior Show mascara but at a fraction of the cost! $5.94
3. Get smooth locks with Organix Brazillian Keratin shampoo & conditioner $7.49
4. Fight Frizz Suave Morrocan oil $5.49
5. Moisturize gently Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15, Fragrance Free from drugstore.com $12.89
6. Dash and Albert rugs Indoor, outdoor, and everything in between! Starting under $100, we can’t keep these at our showroom!
7. Ribba gallery frames $9.99 Ikea has some great simple frames that will get you started on a fabulous gallery wall to show off your favorite family photos!
8. Welcome White Dinnerware from Crate and Barrel starts as $3.95. It’s simple and chic, and you can keep it forever. Just add the Hermes dinnerware additions as needed;)
9. Simple white or ivory coverlet sets from Overstock.com. Buy this first, and then all you need are a few amazing pillows to create a gorgeous bed. These sets start below $60.00.
10. Any event is more fun with some hanging paper lanterns. Things just feel more festive! And you can buy them for a song! Try Oriental Trading Company party supplies. Individual lanterns start at around $10.
FOOD AND DRINK
11. Calling All Angels Chardonnay $9.99 Lead singer Patrick Monahan of Train fame started a vineyard, and this is one of his yummy wines. Each varietal is named after a hit song which is pretty fun fodder too.
12. Rex Goliath Zinfandel $7.00 One of our friends that’s quite the expert on wine suggested this inexpensive crowd pleaser. Not as much spice as most Zinfandel, so it suits most people’s palettes just fine.
Happy shopping (and saving;)
t h a n k y o u!
Thank you, NFocus magazine and Chad James, for including our fabulous accessories and furniture in your spotlight of interior design must-haves for Spring!
It is so much fun to flip through the pages and see this gorgeous piece on how easy it is to freshen things up in our own way in any space.
If you’re inspired to do a little spring time design too, stop by our showroom to see more. Shop a little, and celebrate Spring with something new just for you!
‘Tis the season!
The clock is ticking!
Trees are trimmed and lights are sparkling. But if you have a couple more gifts to get before Christmas Day, take a look at these ideas. These items are some of my favorites!
1. Barefoot Dreams robes and throws
We sell this line of super soft throws, baby blankets, and robes at the shop. They are simply the softest thing I can imagine wrapping up in this time of year!
2. Sugarboo photo album
This distressed brown leather album is a generous 13″ and has vintage looking brown pages, each with a heartfelt quote that surrounds an opening for your favorite family photo. Last year for Christmas, I finally filled one of these to make Mark a wedding album from our big day, (only five years late!)
3. Tea Forte teas
During a cold trip to Atlanta’s market last January, Scarlett and I became instant fans of this tea! We both loved the great flavors and fantastic packaging. On the tea forte’ site, you can find all kinds of yummy gift ideas.
4. Single serving coffee maker
There are several of these type coffee makers on the market, but I am a huge fan of my Keurig single cup coffee brewer. So, if you have a friend that loves coffee and variety but doesn’t love to clean up each morning as they run out the door to work or carpool, this just may be the gift for her. The brewers are available practically everywhere; Target, Macy’s, Amazon, etc., and if you want to simply order K-cups for someone that’s already hooked on the convenience, check out Keurig.com and browse dozens and dozens of flavors.
5. Park Hill Collection candles
These are our absolute favorite candles at the showroom, and with fabulous scents like Sweet Tea and Back Porch, you’re gift will be thoughtfully full of Southern charm. Available at our 2535 Franklin Rd showroom.
6. LL Bean canvas tote
These totes are timeless, practical, and can be personalized by choosing your favorite accent color as well as adding a monogram. I have a very large one my parents gave me a Christmas or two ago and it comes in handy for work and weekends. And you just wouldn’t believe how much these handy LLBean totes will hold!
7. Slipper socks
This comfy sock style shoe designed to wear around the house come in lots designs, but the ones I have and love came from LLBean and are available in a range of colors and sizes for men and women. This could be a cute and cozy his and hers gift idea for your favorite couple!
8. Home Bistro Meal Delivery
Mark and I have ordered dinewise meal delivery service for several years for our grandparents who live in different states, and they really appreciate the convenience. They’ve given great reviews on delicious food, and I’d give a thumbs up on customer service and prompt shipping. It’s easy to mix and match meals of your choosing so you can be sure they’ll love every bite.
9. Riedel glassware
Lots of folks have discovered this divine glassware, but some things are just great and make other things even better. I think white wine taste better in these glasses, and Mark even drinks milk from these simple but elegant goblets and glasses. Since gaining popularity, the collections are available online and some more basic pieces can be found at your local Target.
10. Sony A57 SLR & HD movie maker
After breaking my digital SLR a few months ago, I was in the market for a new one. I searched around online and talked with a couple photographers to get their thoughts on what an amateur photographer and new mom would need. When I heard about this camera I was excited to hear that it also shoots great looking video with the push of a single button located on the back of the camera body. It’s a wonderful all-in-one way to travel with something more capable of high quality photos and videos than your smart phone.
11. Bed & Breakfast reservations
My sister Molly and I are always looking for a new gift idea for our parents. They don’t “need” anything, so we try to buy them something fun to do. The past couple years we’ve chosen theater tickets or gift certificates to a not-to-far- away bed and breakfast. Check out tripadvsior.com for an appropriate location for your friends or family. Or if you’re in Tennessee, maybe try these spots in Chattanooga, or Franklin, or a little further west, in Oxford, Mississippi.
12. Original Art
Of course, I think original art is always a wonderful gift. A piece of art is kept forever and can be displayed in a spot the recipient will see everyday. What could be better than a gift that is a little bit sentimental and a lot beautiful.
One of my favorite artists, Cindy Wunsch, offers whimsical works with vibrant colors and lovely poetry embedded in layers of mixed media. Cindy also offers classes for kids and adults, if you want to awaken the artist within.
Happy Shopping & Merry Christmas!
If you haven’t shopped on the Joss & Main site, you should check it out!
Tonight at 8pm central time, a sale I curated, Neutral & Nuance, will open to the public as part of their Curator’s Collection series.
Take a look, and treat yourself to something fabulous!